In 2011 Masaryk University became a member of the Institutional Evaluation Programme, offered as an independent service to higher education institutions by the European (EUA).
The first evaluation took place at Masaryk University in 2004 and a second was held in 2012.
Final 2012 evaluation report for download:
Evaluation Report (July 2012)
The evaluation contact person is Ing. Šárka Řehořová.
MU evaluation process in 2012
The evaluation process was launched in October 2011 with the submission of a self-evaluation report.
Two evaluation visits were subsequently held in March and May 2012; an international evaluation team actively discussed a range of issues with faculty and Rector's Office representatives, MU management members and external partners.
The external EUA evaluation team included the following members:
- Henrik Toft-Jensen, rector emeritus, Roskilde Universitet, Denmark (chair)
- Lucija Čok, minister of education and rector, Univerza na Primorskem, Slovenia
- Dieter Timmerman, rector emeritus, Universität Bielefeld, Germany
- Dan Derricott, emeritus vice-president for academic affairs, University of Lincoln, Great Britain
- James Gosling, emeritus director for quality, National University of Ireland – Galway, Ireland (team coordinator)
MU was evaluated in the following areas:
- administration and management,
- management and quality assessment,
- degree programmes and teaching,
The evaluation process was completed in July 2012 with the submission of the finalevaluation report to MU.